*As of August 26, 2022. There may be additions or changes in the future.

Applying to study abroad

Yes you can study at LCIC before becoming a university student as long as you have already passed a university entrance examination and are currently enrolled in a diploma, bachelor’s, or master’s course. However, there are limitations to enrolling in our courses: you ought to be a graduate from high school and are not employed at any companies.

Yes you can possibly study at LCIC within 1 year after university graduation. However, you ought to be not employed at any companies.

Students eligible for study abroad must be attending junior college, university or graduate school.

No. Anyone at any level can apply.

No special qualifications are required.

There are no restrictions. The school (and the halls) do, however, close for the holidays. If you return to Japan for a short period of time, you will be required to pay the admission fee once again. You will not be charged an admission fee if you stay in the Philippines.

You can apply up to six months before the start date of your studies. (Due to unforeseen events, this may change.)

You can register up to two months before your intended start date.

Students are accepted in first come, first served basis.

Yes. If the course is full, you can sign the waiting list. Students will be notified of any new openings up to two months before the scheduled start date, in the order that they had been added to the waiting list.

Study abroad costs

The admission charge covers all necessary expenses (shuttle bus, visa, non-resident registration card, special school permit). Tuition, housing, meals, and utilities are all included in the study abroad fees.

You will be responsible for purchasing your own flight from your residence to Mactan-Cebu International Airport. You'll also need to purchase the recommended textbooks for the course you're taking. If you really want one-on-one lessons or scuba diving training, you will be charged extra.

You can pay in cash at LCIC.

Preparation to study abroad

You will enter the country on a tourist visa so you don’t need a special visa or a residency permit.

The Philippines does not require immunizations as part of its admission criteria. If you are fully vaccinated, especially for Covid-19, you will have sense of security in terms of safeguarding yourself.

You can get your ticket on airline or travel agent websites. Fares will vary depending on the airline, the time of year and other conditions.

Cebu has a variety of tourist attractions. It depends on how much sightseeing and shopping you intend to do, but if you have around 10,000 yen in cash for each week and bring a credit card, you should have no problems.

Most shops accept VISA and Mastercard but there are many that do not accept the JCB card which is generally used in Japan.


At the start of the semester, we administer a placement test to classify students. Students will be put in one of four levels based on the results.

Language schools in Cebu tend to focus on one-on-one instruction, however, LCIC follows a university curriculum. There are not more than 25 students in each class. In the fifth period, one-on-one lessons will be conducted (charged separately).

At LCIC, all of the instructors have at least a master's degree in English language teaching. Furthermore, they have received extensive training in the most up-to-date methods in teaching.

One-on-one classes last 50 minutes and can be scheduled up to twice each day. We haven't decided on a pricing yet, but we're thinking approximately 500 yen per lesson

Yes, you can.

You can only take languages during your short-term stay (English, Chinese, Korean). During a one semester stay, however, you can take general cultural subjects and PE (scuba diving) in addition to languages.

It is possible to get credits through distance learning. Check with your university before you leave.

At LCIC, there are no limitations on how many subjects you can take. You can sign up for as many as 20 sessions per week.

In the same way as universities in Japan, credits are generally determined and approved according to attendance, reports and exam results.

One of the cultural courses we offer is a subject on Philippine culture.


As a general rule, you can move into halls the day before on the Sunday.

As a general rule, you have to leave halls the next day on the Saturday.

Yes. Every night, the curfew is 10 p.m. We will check your whereabouts. You should be in the halls by the curfew hour.There is also a security gate at the entrance.

If you wish to stay out overnight, you'll need to fill out the proper paperwork and have a parent or adult sign it. If you are staying out overnight, you must employ LCIC-approved companies.
*Overnight stays will only be permitted if they are booked through an LCIC-approved company that has been verified for appropriate safety procedures.

No. There are no refunds for meal costs.

One hall of residence is for male students and the other is for female students. If there are an unusually large number of male or female students, however, some areas of the halls may be changed to male or female halls.

Yes. Wi-Fi is available.

There is a convenience store right in front of the university. There is a large supermarket further away that can be accessed on public transport.

There is a small shop that sells everyday goods.

No. There is no smoking or drinking alcohol allowed in the halls.

Yes. You can continue to stay in the halls.

All students must stay in the university halls.

In the halls, there is a big public bath, an outdoor bath, a sauna, and a cold plunge pool. For male and female students, there are also 19 individual shower booths (38 in total).

A study area, an entertainment room, and a kitchen are all available in the halls. These can be used in any way you like.


The school has Wi-Fi installed. We currently have a contract with a local subsidiary of NTT so the internet environment is high-speed and stable.

For remote or distance learning, there is a separate classroom. International students can concentrate on their classes because the room is divided into independent booths. Each booth has a PC with web conferencing applications like TEAMS or ZOOM as well as a webcam.

What to do during your free time?

There is a travel agent booth at the university so please make use of it.

You can drive if you have an international licence. However, the roads and driving rules are very different to those of Japan so we don’t recommend driving.

At the university, there is an exchange machine. bureaux de change can also be found in the airport, retail malls, and other locations.

The popular activity is island hopping by boat. Whale shark viewing is also popular in the south of Cebu Island, despite the fact that it is relatively far away.

You would need a work visa so you can’t work part-time.


Coronavirus requirements change regularly so please check when you are preparing for your stay. At the moment, it is highly likely that you would not be able to study abroad unless you have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

There are the same general measures as in Japan such as wearing masks and making sure that there is plenty of space.

Safety and security

According to the safety comparison site, NUMBEO, Cebu is about as safe as New York, London, Paris and Rome. Looking at it from an international perspective, it is pretty safe but there are a lot of pickpockets as it is a tourist destination.
At LCIC, we give a lecture on safety measures but you should always keep in mind that, as Japanese people, we are foreigners here.

At the university, we employ a variety of security measures. The front gate and the entry to the halls, in particular, have security gates through which you may only enter if you produce your ID card. A security guard is on duty 24 hours a day at the front gate, and regular patrols are conducted throughout the campus. At the halls, there are also a number of security guards on duty. There is a fence around the perimeter of the campus, as well as multiple CCTV cameras.

To deal with the problem, Cebu and Japan's hospitals have teamed up. With a Japanese doctor who will translate online, you will have peace of mind.

Medical fees can be very high if you get ill or injured overseas so we strongly recommend that you get travel insurance. Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website|Travel Insurance Recommendations


LCIC does not allow smoking or drinking on campus.

Tips are not necessary as a rule but it is a good idea to tip as you please when you feel that you have had good service. In hotels and restaurants (with no service charge), tips are 5 – 10% and taxis 10%.

The English education system was introduced during the US military rule of the Philippines so pronunciation is close to that of American English. It is easy for Japanese people to understand.

You can use the mobile phone you have now (please check with your provider for details). However, it is expensive to use overseas. That is why most people purchase a local SIM card and use pocket Wi-Fi, etc.

*As of August 26, 2022. There may be additions or changes in the future.